You love the 2000s, but you are also a little nostalgic for the 90s. You believe everything was better back then. The music, the movies, and even the maxims on posters. It’s time to stop hiding those feelings and embrace them. Here are some captions you can use to express your inner 90’s child.
Throwback 90’s Captions and Motivation
1. We’re nostalgic for the 90s and we’re not ashamed. If you feel the same way, let us know with a #90skindis3c and tell us what you’re 90s ride is 🙋🕺💥 #Chevy
2. In the 90’s we didn’t have a cover to post our fav foods, but we still had #FreshOffDaCOUVA.
3. Outie is the new innie.
4. The struggle was real, but so were the family photo albums. #ThrowbackThursday 👪
5. Yes, you’re damn right this camera costs $600. Because it can see your true self when no one else can.
6. Motivation is a beautiful thing. It’s an energy that can transport you to places you’ve never dreamed of going – it can give you wings and help you fly higher than imaginable.
7. It’s possible to achieve your goals, it just takes a lot of work and you gotta have conviction. – Jason Momoa
8. It’s not unusual, but it is uncommon to take a life and make something rewarding out of it. I’m up for the challenge #DREAMBIG
9. To live the future, you must view yourself through the eyes of the past.
10. When you save the world before breakfast, prepare to take on the day
11. Remember this? Oh, we do
12. “Finally, my fellow citizens: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” –John F Kennedy
13. It wasn’t always easy, but I got you. Your road was meant to be crooked because, without the twists and turns, you wouldn’t have learned to walk straight. -Hannah Brencher
14. “Boldness is a virtue of some men. Cleverness and cunning belong to others, different men. Both meet, so they can easily recognize one another. The ape is bolder than the sheep.” ― Plato #quoteoftheday
15. We’re doing our part to help keep the 90’s alive. Are you?
16. The ‘90s called… and they want their sweatshirt back.📱
17. We have a love-hate relationship with 90’s nostalgia. AHHHH it was the best! And yuck, ugh, why?
18. If you can remember the 90’s, then you probably weren’t there 😆
19. #throwbackthursday to the ’90s: If you’re happy and you know it claps your hands 🤗
20. Bummer about SNL not having a 90’s weekend this week. But there will be plenty of time to reminisce on the good ol’ days. Live in the now! 😎
21. Throwback Thursday, back to the days when you could wear crop tops without worrying about being shamed😏
22. Bite your lips, pretend you’re listening to Alanis Morissette.
23. 20 years later and you still haven’t figured us out
24. Been a long time since I posted to this account 🗓️ so here’s wishin’ y’all a good weekend.
25. Time to stop being Mr. nice guy and push it to the limit.
26. Whoever said you couldn’t have it all was lying 🌸♍♀🎀☠️
27. I’m bout that life, ‘bout that life
28. I’m not going to say things are the same as they ever were but you have to admit there’s a little 90’s music in the air lately.
29. Be yourself and make your moves just like the girls in Clueless
30. Keepin’ it real from the get-go.
31. ❤︎📿 #classic
32. Work hard. Crush it. Repeat.
33. Do 🎪Netflix and 🎭 binge but not just any old shows. Create your masterpiece with our water-based paints and other #artistmaterials. Because practice makes perfect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #throwbackthursday
34. If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space. (Robin Williams)
35. Their plans for the future? To tell everyone that THE PLAN worked.
36. There is no failure. There are only results. Results will either turn you into a winner or a loser. – Conan O’Brien
37. If you’re not living on the edge, then you’re taking up too much room. – Arnold J. Rimmer
38. Once you’ve decided on something, set your mind to it. The road to success is full of ups and downs, so don’t give up when life gets hard—it will only make you stronger.
39. It’s the 90’s. Be a babe. Be a stud. Be yourself. Don’t be afraid to show some skin. Have fun with fashion and let your hair down 👠💇👞
40. We’d like to go back to the nineties, please.##Motivational Quote
41. You’re young, you’re gorgeous, and you smell like vanilla…
42. Classic never goes out of style.
43. Tune in. Drop out. Jack into something new.
44. Because they don’t make em’ like this anymore.
45. Were back in the 90s, baby! This week’s Throwback Thursday celebrates our throwback to all things music. What’s your favorite 90’s band?
46. I want to be a superhero, but I don’t want to wear tights.
47. Don’t be afraid to push past your comfort zone—in styling, grooming, and life. Always Keep on Growing.
48. There’s a new way to be Ramones’ biggest fan – now you can have every song ever written played on your walkman. Get the Soundtrack to Life.
49. When your mom asks you to clean your room, tell her sure, but first can you undo the braid in my hair? ♥✨
50. If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space. 🤙🏽
51. If we were born to be real, why fake it?
52. Let’s live like we’re in an episode of Dawson’s Creek with these 90’s remix denim and striped tees 🙅🏼♀️
53. A new way to turn back time and get on trend with our collection of nineties-inspired fashion. 😎💕
54. A classic. Enjoy the simple pleasure of a classic song and throwback vibe.
55. The only thing I had to cut off my Starter jacket was that ketchup stain. So sad, but so worth it. #sis #tbt
56. Smash the patriarchy, slay the industry and make feminism as contagious as your perfect manicure.
57. Will Smith’s first leading role. 👌
58. We are so pumped and excited to be a part of your adventure today! So turn up that music, get motivated, and get yourself some shoes. 😃 #throwbackthursday
59. The same as everyone else…except I have a better haircut. ▶️
60. The power of “what’s my name?” is bigger than any sun in the sky.
61. We’re not going to make you think, we’re gonna make you feel. (Leonard A. Lauder)
62. It’s a brand new day. You don’t know how long it’ll last but make the most of today. No better time than the present to start over and do something brave.
63. Hey everybody! Welcome to my classroom…get to class🎓
64. This is a test. This is only a test . . . are you testing me?!?
65. Our lives aren’t about getting and having, but about giving and being.
66. It’s time to be a boss and take charge of your life. You are not invincible, but you did survive the 90s.
67. I was all about Ultra Light Beams this weekend.
68. Take me back to the days of grunge flannels, flowers on everything, and weirdly comfortable Doc Martens—@jeffleatham 💖🌸
69. Tune in. Turn up. Be yourself. Do things your way.
70. We’re excited to announce our first-ever series of store pop-ups. Visit one of the select locations below, starting this Friday and through the weekend. Most locations will have games and music on point. . . .
71. Not a photographer? That’s cool. You can still look like the best photographers capture you.
72. When they say never forget where you came from … they mean it.
73. Keep your feet on the ground and reach for the stars!
74. Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. #tbt
75. Just watching my life pass before my eyes and realizing that I’m just not ready to die yet.
76. It’s not where you are or what’s been done, but rather what you know and who you know that makes all the difference in the world.
77. Looking for an awesome throwback 90’s #motivation? Of course, you are; & it’s waiting for you in our new merch collection 👕👚 @ohsnapitsjalapeno
78. The 1990s slogan tee: when nostalgia meets fashion and gets the ultimate throwback look.
79. Some people think the ’90s were yesterday, others think it was just a dream.
80. Peace, love, and selfies 😎.
81. Let’s take it back there for a moment – to the days of dial-up when everything and everyone was just a tad cooler.
82. Paint the town purple, boys! In 2018 we’ve got your game plan and VIP access. Come through.
83. Nothing reminds me of high school like seeing a bunch of kids with backpacks on their way to school.__
84. We’re the original softies. Soft & Chewy cookies, that is.
85. Got a call from the landline: Mom, I miss you.
86. “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” -Derek Halpern ✔️
87. We started with a dream and a pair of shoes.
88. It’s time to take charge of your life. Don’t just follow the trends but create them. Follow your path and don’t let others tell you what you have to do.
89. I’m not afraid to stand out from the crowd. 👑
90. Life is moving too fast. Don’t miss it.
91. Everything you wanted to be and everything that you became. Let’s Dance!
92. The ’90s were epic. Let’s bring it back. #throwback
93. You buy the clothes, you wear the clothes, you take the picture, you post the picture. You are your brand.
94. Baby, you’re a firework: show the world what you’re worth ✨💥
95. You are never too old or young to dream. Work hard and don’t give up, you can do it 💪
96. We’re remembering when we watched Cream rise to the top of the charts and Biggie Smalls put a spin on The Brady Bunch.
97. Get into the now. We have stuff you need to know. Play Now.
98. Stop being afraid to go for it. Back in the day, you would’ve never missed this party. You got this 👊🏽
99. You gotta have faith in yourself!
100. Think of everyone you’ve ever loved, and what they failed to love you for. Drown them in the sound. (hear here)
101. Don’t believe your limits and push through them.
102. “Today, I will be better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be better than today”
103. WingardiumLeviosa! (WingardiumLeviosa is the incantation to levitate things in the Harry Potter universe.)#RetroQuotes #BoldQuotes
104. Keepin’ it real is what we’re about—always. And that’s why we introduced an official throwback 90’s collection of tees, sweatpants, and sweatshirts – a nod to the ‘90s when our brand was born
105. Hair on fleek = you, always. Follow this user for hair inspo and throwback 90’s fun.
106. If you use Instagram a lot, these are the most popular captions for your posts. Go back to the 90s and make your profile interesting by filling it with what’s popular now.
107. In a world where people take selfies, appreciate the value of a photo that lasts forever.
108. You’re a brand new day. You are the sun coming up in a beautiful morning sky. You’re my motivation, you get me going when I fall. Nope, no more tears, ’cause with your love I’m saved 💗
109. ￫￩ slap on some baby hairs and throw on your favorite off the shoulder t-shirt!
110. I have this thing for vintage stuff.
111. When your coworker asks how you finally got off the phone with your boyfriend, and you’re just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
112. The future is yours.〰〰〰It’s time to turn your biggest struggles into your greatest triumphs, and today is the day to begin.
113. I didn’t fit the mold. I broke the mold.
114. You’ve got to fight for your right to hang out.
115. Do you remember a time when you felt unstoppable? 🍑💪
116. Don’t be afraid to make a ‘couple of mistakes along the way. Just focus on your end goal. Don’t let anything keep you from that.
117. You never fail if you never quit. (Walt Disney)
118. Soft Serve Tastes Better in the ‘90s 😍
119. We use the classic packaging, without ever resorting to cliches. We capture your imagination with an unrivaled group of accessible fragrances. We’re #freshconnect and we do fresh things.
120. The best part of waking up is going to work with @cardi.b and @beyonce. #Issaussie
121. From skateboarding to music and clothes, we blew away the 90s in our music, attitude, and style. What was your favorite part of the 90s?
122. “I know everything seems so easy for you now, but even Michael Jordan had to start at the bottom of the mountain.”
123. The future is uncertain, the outcome unknown. But the journey always begins now. The path is not set and the difficulty lies ahead, but facing this challenge will make you stronger than ever before. Always Remember, “No pain, no gain”
124. I’m my hero. I never saved anyone, but I will save myself.
125. We want you to 30x bigger than you were today.
126. When life gives you lemons, throw them back and tell life to make its damn lemonade.
127. At Vissla, we’re all about living a creative and inspired life. That’s why #BeCreative and #MakeSomething Here on Instagram & Twitter with us: @Vissla.
128. I only have one speed, and it’s all or nothing.
129. If you open your mind and heart to authentic human connection, you won’t be disappointed. It’s time to get connected
130. If it wasn’t broken, then we wouldn’t have fixed it.
131. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
132. The 90’s helped me blossom into the woman I am today. Here’s to growing up and not giving a damn 💁
133. The cuteness of the 90’sJ #Thegoodolddays
134. The ’90s didn’t invent the mosh pit but the 90s did perfect it. #tbt
135. We live for a good throwback! Download our app and keep up with the latest from Oreo.
136. If you’re from the 90s, a trip down memory lane will make you happy 😀
137. #Throwback to a time when we said “Chill out” not “chillax”. An era where we wore denim and leather and danced to Brit-pop and Ska.
138. Up your hair game by learning how to pull off 90’s inspired braids like no one else.
139. Not every #throwbackthursday is a throwback.
140. Snap back to your senses!
141. Here’s to being young with no time to waste, do what you love, don’t take no for an answer, and have fun!
142. He who can’t do as he’s told, can’t go where he wants to.
143. “What is a road trip? A process of self-discovery.” – Dave Matthews Band
144. Get ready for a ride that is all about the glory, good times, and feeling of 90’s strong and ready to do battle with the advertising world machine.
145. When you see your ex… don’t let them see you sweat.
146. Say “Bye-Bye” to the bland and lifeless days of summer and “Hello” to brighter, longer days with new seasonal food & beverages.
147. You aren’t trying to be cool, you already are. #score
148. If you’re feeling rick James, then, shout it out. #throwbackthursday
149. We want to be the soundtrack to your life.
150. Live every day like it’s your last because one day you will be right
151. Lesson learned: it’s always better to be the person who doesn’t burn their tongue & always iced over than matcha.
152. Work hard, stay humble.
153. “Live each day like it’s your last because someday you’re going to be right.” ~ Muhammad Ali
154. There’s only one way to achieve greatness-overachieve.
155. Be true to yourself and never change.
156. Know all the steps, heart all the beats.
157. Screaming into a MacCoy voice…beep beep beep! Join us for the ultimate throwback pager party—we’re giving away a trip to Barcelona with a Burton Street Pager #itwasntagame
158. The ‘90s were rad. Stop resisting it! Go ahead and embrace the nostalgia. You can wear your heart on your sleeve if you want to.
159. Workout and feel great all day.
160. Born to be different. Never settle for the ordinary.
161. Oh hey, it’s #TBT—that means Throwback Thursday…and a legit excuse to post old photos of yourself on social media. 😉
162. Life’s too short to last a long time. “If you have time to be bored, then you have time to do something about it.” -Charles Bukowski.
163. You’ve got five minutes to create the rest of your life. What do you do?
164. “The only exercise I get these days is walking behind the couch to get the remote.”—Unknown
165. We’re living in a generation of winners
166. Everybody’s talkin’ at me / But I can’t hear a word they’re sayin’ / Everybody’s yellin’ at me / But I ain’t listening anyway 🎶
167. Not all those who wander are lost.
168. Let’s celebrate my life with some 90’s throwback captions.
169. It’s all ahead of you #90s #throwback
170. DREAM BIG & WORK HARD” -NIKE 💪🏾
171. Tune in to your pop-culture station for throwback style, 90’s nostalgia, and fun facts about that decade you’ve always wondered about 😎👌
172. Rock out to your throwback jams 🔊📻🎧💿
173. No matter what life throws your way, it’s never too late to be your best self. #KeepOn
174. It’s on and poppin’. #throwbackthursday
175. Fly like a bald eagle. America runs on Dunkin’ . . .
176. Do what you love for the people who love you back. 👬💕❤️
177. No one said it’d be easy to get here, so you may as well enjoy the journey.
178. Being mentally healthy is as important as being physically healthy. Reach out to a loved one or your local mental health organization if you’re struggling with mental illness.
179. The 90s called.. and they want their snapbacks 📞🙌
180. If your OC 90’s teen movie character could speak to you today, this is what they’d tell you: #YouCanDoIt
181. We’re not too cool for school, and we’re not too old to get down to some early ’90s hip hop. Stay true. Stay fresh.
182. 9 out of 10 of us can’t name these 90s throwback songs. Guess which one are you?
183. From the cradle to the grave, we are all about that bass.
184. Good Morning. You have unlimited potential inside of you. Take a chance TODAY and it will lead to an opportunity you never imagined 🙏🏻
185. When they told you that you can be anything you wanna be, they didn’t tell you that it wouldn’t happen overnight.
186. Independence Day, with all the fireworks, red-white-and-blue sprinkles, and rainbow sherbet. This is what freedom tastes like, people.
187. Life is a #Game, play it like one.
188. Apply to an FFLO program and your world could change overnight. Need a little motivation?
189. Like our coffee, we are bold, lively, and full of life.
190. I am just a teenage dirtbag princess 👸🏼
191. It’s time to let the power of your pizza dreams propel you into action. That which you focus on, increases. So today, go do what inspires you most. ‼️
192. “You’re never too old for a little foolishness” — Billie Jean King
193. Discover what lies ahead.
194. The 90 were called. They want their caption back.
195. Throwback to when the home was a place of love and laughter rather than loneliness and despair, but still very much in the 90s. 😂
196. Be a little crazy. Be a little different. Wear a fanny pack. You do you, boo-boo.
197. You’ll never be as cool as these guys. Never.
198. Tuesday is #TBT day. Show us your most retro photos and videos,